1. Payment of membership must be made at time of application. If WRPL is unable to fulfil a request for membership category or seating allocation, WRPL will contact the member and WRPL will honour a refund if no alternative arrangement can be reached.
2. All bookings are final and non-refundable following a cooling off period of 72 hours where a Member must contact the club in writing to terminate the membership if they do not agree with these Terms and Conditions as set by WRPL.
3. It is a condition of sale of a NSW Waratahs membership that the membership (or associated tickets to WRPL fixtures) may not, without the prior written consent of WRPL, be resold at a premium nor used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions or trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the bearer of the ticket will be denied admission.
4. Members are required to notify WRPL of any change in member contact details at the soonest possible opportunity, including changes to any relevant information that could affect your WRPL membership such as change in student status.
5. All fans and members attending NSW Waratahs matches are subject to the code of conduct of the match venue. Members deemed by the venue or WRPL to be in breach of the applicable code of conduct may have their membership cancelled at the discretion of WRPL.
6. The NSW Waratahs (WRPL) membership team can be contacted via phone on 1300 733 899, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, via our website www.waratahs.com.au or by writing to the Membership Department, Waratahs Rugby, Locked Bag 1222, Paddington, NSW 2021, Australia.
7. Once you submit your Membership Application and Membership Fee, WRPL shall consider your Membership Application. If your Membership Application is accepted, WRPL will send written confirmation of your membership. Members are required to provide a valid email address in their Membership Application in order to receive an email confirmation of the acceptance of their Membership Application.
8. WRPL will set ticket prices each year. The ticketing agency as appointed by the match venue may set additional fees including a service & handling fee, or booking / processing / delivery fee. These costs are outside the control of WRPL, are incurred by the Member and are on top of any WRPL membership, renewal (subscription) and/or ticket prices.
9. All prices quoted for NSW Waratahs memberships are inclusive of GST.
10. A Service and Handling Fee of $3.95 will be applied to all orders, regardless of payment method, unless advised otherwise. This fee is charged by Ticketek and replaces the 1.95% payment processing fee charged previously.
11. All charges relating to NSW Waratahs memberships will appear on Members’ credit card or bank statements as ‘ARU Club Membership’ for member paying in full and “Debitsuccess Notting Hill’ for members paying in instalments (refer to ‘12. Part Payment Plan’ for further information)
12. WRPL may apply a non-refundable administration fee of $9.95 for any ticket or membership transactions processed manually.
13. Renewal Fees
14. Dishonoured payments
15. Members may choose to pay for their memberships on a part payment plan. WRPL shall engage a third party service provider (DebitSuccess) to collect all part payment fees.
16. By agreeing to pay your membership via the Payment Plan, you authorise WRPL, and associated third party, DebitSuccess, to debit from your nominated Credit Card or Debit Account as set out when completing your membership renewal/purchase.
17. By opting into the Part Payment Plan, the member accepts the automatic roll-over of their membership in subsequent seasons. WRPL will contact you prior to processing any renewal. You will have 14 days from the date of notice to advise WRPL of any changes or upgrades you wish to make to your membership package, or to notify WRPL in writing if you do not wish to roll over your membership into the next season. Strict timeframes apply. If you do not notify WRPL that you do not wish to roll over your membership during this period, you will be taken to have agreed to your membership being rolled over. Please refer to ‘Rolling Renewals’ for full conditions around this.
18. Payments will be deducted via the nominated VISA, MasterCard or AMEX or directly debited from the nominated bank account.
19. A one off $5.00 payment processing fee will apply to new members opting in to the Payment Plan. This payment will be charged in the first instalment.
20. A 3.09% fee will be charged by DebitSuccess per order and will be added to the total amount owing.
21. A one off $5.00 payment processing fee will apply to members opting in to the Payment Plan. This fee will be charged with the first instalment.
22. Instalments will be charged in equal amounts over eight (8) months following the payment schedule below. Where the instalment date falls on a weekend or public holiday the payment will be charged on the next business day.
23. For members who previously opted in for automatic roll-over of their membership and who are part of the WRPL Payment Plan, the first instalment, inclusive of processing fees and surcharges will be withdrawn from their nominated credit card on 15 September 2017.
24. Any member who renews or purchases a membership after the instalment schedule has commenced will still have their first instalment charged at time of renewal/purchase. They shall then be required to pay the outstanding value of their membership split evenly over the number of remaining instalments of the payment plan.
25. By selecting the part payment option you will enter into an agreement to ensure sufficient funds are available for all instalments. WRPL will not issue reminders or invoices for part payment instalments and reserve the right to refuse or cancel a part payment agreement.
26. In the event on an unsuccessful payment attempt, a $10 fee (Reversal Fee) will be charged via DebitSuccess without prior notice and will be added to the next monthly instalment. WRPL is not responsible for any over-limit or other fees/charges imposed by your card issuer/ bank.
27. Part Payment Plans incur additional fees and charges. These are as follows:
28. It is the member’s responsibility to inform WRPL of any updates or changes to the nominated credit card, bank account or financial institution prior to the nominated monthly instalment date (15th of each month) or the Reversal Fee will be charged.
29. Children 3 years of age and under as at 31 December 2017 (for memberships) or the match date (for individual matches) will gain entry to the match venue free of charge if seated on a parents or guardians lap during the event. If a seat is required for any child regardless of age, a ticket or membership (as appropriate) must be purchased.
30. All junior memberships are valid for those aged 4-16 years inclusive as at 31 December 2017
31. Free Junior Season Passes
32. Concession discounts apply to those aged 17 years (inclusive) as of 31 December 2017, full government pension card holders (War, Aged, TPI, Invalid and Disability), NSW Senior Cards, full-time Tertiary students including International Student Cards.
33. Family memberships refer to two (2) Adult and (2) Junior memberships or one (1) Adult and three (3) Junior memberships. Family memberships not made up of this combination in the Membership booking system will be cancelled and re-processed at the correct combination and price.
34. ‘Family Value’ memberships are priced for families on a budget and includes two (2) Adult memberships in bronze category seating and two (2) Free Junior Season Passes. The Free Junior Season passes include entry only (no member pack) and are valid for children aged 16 and under.
35. Date of birth must be provided at the time of purchase when registering for age-related membership packages (concession, junior, family).
36. Proof of age must be presented in person if requested. If a member is found to be ineligible for the membership package held, WRPL is entitled to charge that member for the difference in price to the correct membership package, or the membership package may be cancelled at the discretion of WRPL.
37. WRPL does not take responsibility for the selection of membership packages or tickets purchased by individuals. If an error is made by the purchaser when purchasing tickets or membership packages WRPL is not held responsible.
38. Termination or refund of Membership by member:
39. Termination of Membership by WRPL:
b. A Membership may also be cancelled due to the misconduct of a Member or their guest, including but not limited to, verbal or physical abuse or intimidation of any representative of WRPL.
40. Transfer of Membership - Season Memberships and seating allocations are transferable to an age and seating category of equal or lesser value. Should the receiving member value be less than the original purchase, WRPL shall not be entitled to refund any price difference. Should a member wish to transfer a membership to a higher value, they shall be entitled to pay any price difference.
41. Members must complete their renewal within the timeframe specified. If renewal requests are received after this date, privileges / benefits cannot be guaranteed.
42. Rolling renewals mean that selected memberships are automatically renewed into the membership package and seating category, at the relevant price for the forthcoming season.
43. If selected as a payment option, this renewal choice would apply to the renewal to the season following the season immediately approaching. Rolling renewals are optional.
44. Prior to the renewal rollover members will be given a minimum of 14 days to make any changes or upgrades to the membership package or to notify WRPL in writing that they do not wish to roll over. Should no response be received, the membership will be automatically renewed.
46. Opt Out:
47. Issue and Use:
48. Lost or Stolen Cards
49. Cards Forgotten on Match Days
50. Faulty and Misused membership cards:
51. Seating Allocation System for Matches. The order of seating priority for WRPL fixtures is as follows: WRPL & NSWRU Life Members including Foundation, Honorary, Life Members, Life Member Plus; full season Members, followed by partial season members in decreasing order of the number of matches included in the part-season membership package.
52. Reserved Seat members from the preceding season have priority to renew their ‘same seat’ (or request seating changes) for the forthcoming season if they renew before a specified date. After this date, same seat allocations cannot be guaranteed and renewal seating will be allocated on a best available basis.
53. When booking seats, members may request group seating for fellow members and guests. While WRPL will endeavour to accommodate all requests, receipt of a request does not constitute a guarantee that the request can be fulfilled. Members making group seating requests acknowledge that purchases for all members of the group must be submitted together and a group seating request may disadvantage your seating allocation.
54. Members receive priority access to purchase tickets in the event of Super Rugby Finals. Should WRPL host a finals series match, members will be advised of priority booking arrangements. Due to different seating configurations at each venue, ‘same seat allocations’ may not be available. Members will be advised by WRPL.
55. Members acknowledge that seating entitlements at each stadium are determined by the membership package held by that member. Location and/or category of seating held by a member through other Rugby memberships do not constitute a guarantee of the exact location and/or category of seating at alternative match venues.
The obligations of the Union and entitlements of Life Members are set out in these terms and conditions.
Please refer to the “NSW Waratahs membership terms and conditions” for definitions of ‘Match’ and ‘Venue’.
1. Life Members shall comply with these Conditions and the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Union and all the rules and regulations made pursuant thereto, as from the time amended.
2. In some cases as specified by WRPL, one (1) Life Member pass entitles the holder to two (2) Life Member privileges, e.g. NSW Waratahs Life Members function
3. It is a condition of sale that tickets to NSWRU/NSW Waratahs fixtures may not be resold at a premium nor used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (incl. competitions or trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the bearer of the ticket will be denied admission and WRPL will not be held responsible.
4. ‘Life Member Plus’ is a person who purchased a life member package in, or after the season of 2014.
5. The Union will set Life Member fees at their discretion.
6. All joining, subscription and membership fees are final and non-refundable following a cooling off period of 72 hours where a Member must contact the club in writing to terminate the membership if they do not agree with these Terms and Conditions as set by WRPL.
7. Annual subscriptions for each year an individual remains a member will incur a further non-refundable fee.
8. The Union will set Life Membership benefits at their discretion.
9. Life Member memberships purchased prior to and including season 2013 shall be entitled to one parking space in the vicinity of a Match venue in the designated area, subject to availability as determined by match venue staff and subject to presentation of the valid parking voucher.
10. ‘Life Member Plus’ packages do not include parking entitlements.
11. The Directors may in their discretion permit a Life Membership Card to be used by persons other than the Life Member to obtain benefits to which the Life member would have been entitled. Subject to written confirmation from the Directors permitting the Life Member to make his or her Life Membership card available to be used by another person, the Life Member shall be responsible for the conduct of such person and shall procure that he or she uses the Life Membership Card on the basis that he or she will comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions. Should a member be found to be misusing entitlements or benefits, NSWRU may revoke that membership with immediate effect, at the discretion of the Directors.
12. Life Members shall receive communications containing rugby information and other Union publications, the number and content of such communications of which shall be at the discretion of NSWRU.
13. At the absolute discretion of the Directors, each Life Member may be entitled to the following benefits and opportunities if offered. Unless otherwise stated, fees for such events are payable by the Life Member if they wish to attend.
14. Union Obligations and Rights
15. Seating Conditions
16. All communications will be sent to a Life Member’s contact details specified on the application pursuant to which he or she became a Life Member. Should any contact details for the Life Member change, the Union must be notified immediately and the register/database shall be amended accordingly. The Union is not responsible for non-receipt by a Life Member of any communications arising because communications were sent to outdated contact details or because of any failure of the post.
17. Unless the Life Member instructs the Union to the contrary in writing, the Union may disclose any information relating to the Life Member held by the Union to third parties authorized by the Union to communicate with the Life Member including without limitation the purpose of making a promotional offer to the Life Member.
18. The Life Membership of a Life Member will terminate if he or she fails to pay an annual subscription or for any other failure to comply with these terms and conditions or with the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Union or any other rules and regulations made pursuant thereto, as from time to time amended, or if the Life Member conducts himself or herself in a manner which, in the opinion of the Directors, is likely to bring the Union or rugby union football into disrepute. Upon such termination the Union shall be entitled to require that Life Member to return his or her Life Membership Card to the Union and the Union shall delete his or her name from the register of Life Members. Should that individual wish to again become a Life Member, joining fees will again be charged.
19. A Life Membership is non-transferable, except with the prior written consent of the Directors, although a Life Membership Card may be used with his or her permission on the terms provided above.
20. Life Members and persons accompanying them shall behave themselves in a sober and orderly manner while attending any Match or other function conducted by or on behalf of the Union and while on any premises or grounds owned, leased, licensed or used by the Union and, while attending any of these events, shall obey all reasonable directions of the Union or duly authorized personnel and all rules or directions appearing on any ticket, signage, or other material relating to such event.
21. The Union shall not be responsible for any harm, injury, discomfort, theft or inconvenience suffered by Life Members, persons accompanying them or by their property while such persons are attending any Match, function, event or Tour conducted by or on the behalf of the Union or are on any premises or grounds owned, leased, licensed or used by the Union.
© Waratahs Rugby Pty Ltd 2016